1. What information is sent to the donors?
The donor gets an instant acknowledgement mail along with an SMS. On receiving the reconciliation statement from the bank, a receipt is sent via e-mail immediately, followed by a hard copy by post (within India). The receipt is accompanied by appreciation letter. The donor receives a birthday wish, wishes on important festivals, programme updates and an annual impact report during a year's time.
2. What will Dr Lal Singh’s Foundation do with my donation?
As soon as the donation through cheque or online is reconciled by the bank, the amount is allotted to the specific programme, which it has been meant for. The utilization and results are managed, monitored and audited. The outcome is reflected in the annual impact report, which is shared with the donors.
3. How does Dr Lal Singh’s Foundation ensure that the donor’s contribution is being utilized in the intended way?
Dr Lal Singh’s Foundation follows the principle of good governance. We have an audit team to track and monitor the funds raised and utilized.
4. How much should I donate?
There is no specific amount that should be donated.
5. What is the process of keeping the donor’s information safe?
As a credible organization, we honour the privacy of our donors. The donor data is not exposed or shared with any external agency under any circumstances. We have a robust in-house mechanism and server system where the records are kept safe. The entire setup is protected with password and is guarded by surveillance software. The data is kept strictly confidential and only authorized staff with a special non-disclosure bond have access to it.
6. What are the Tax benefits that a donor will get?
A donor will get 50% of tax exemption on the donation under section 80 G of Income Tax Act, 1961.
7. Do you issue Tax receipts? How soon will the receipts arrive?
Yes, tax receipts are issued to all the donors irrespective of the amount supported. A digital copy of the receipt is generated on and sent via e-mail post realization of the donated amount. The hard copy of the receipt is delivered to the donor within 10 working days.
8. What happens if the tax receipt is lost?
In case of loss of the original receipt, a duplicate tax receipt is issued on receipt of a formal request from the donor.
9. Can one donate in kind (old clothes, books, stationary etc)?
Usually in-kind donation is accepted only when there is a need in any of the projects at a given point of time.